IBERTEST planetary mortar mixer general features
IBERTEST mortar mixer, automatic and programmable to perform cement and mortar mixing, gypsum and lime in accordance with international testing standards.
It fulfills the following standards: EN 196-1, EN 196-3,EN 459-2, EN 480, EN 1744, EN 1015-11, EN 13454-2, EN ISO 679, ASTM C109/C109M, ASTM C305, AASHTO T 162, DIN 1164-5, NF P15-314, BS 3892-1, BS 4551-1 and similars.
Programing mixing cycles
The new control module 43S, integrated in the front part of the equipment, has awith 4.3” (480×720) touch
screen and IP66 protection, which is intuitive, safe, resistant
and easy to use.
The electronic module emits acoustic warnings and messages on the screen that inform and guide the user in its operation. The control module has 4 predefined cycles:
- Mortar mixing according to EN 196-1
- Mortar mixing according to ASTM C 305
- Pure cement paste mixing according to EN 196-3
- Pure cement paste mixing according to ASTM C 305
Moreover, the control module is capable of making free configurations, which allows users to program other mixing cycles according to their particular needs, whether they are not preset mixing methods, tests for research, etc.
When mixing cycles starts, the mortar mixer performs the different programmed steps automatically: low speed mixing, high speed mixing, cleaning pause, sand pouring, end, or loop, etc.
The planetary movement assures a perfect mixing of the components.
Paddle revolving about its own axis and driven in a planetary movement around the axis of the bowl, in opposite directions.
The mixer has two preset rotation speeds and two planetary movement speeds.
- Rotation of paddle over its axis:
- Slow: 140 ± 5 min-1
- Fast: 285 ± 10 min-1
- Rotation of paddle around bowl axis
- Slow: 62,5 ± 5 min-1
- Fast: 125 ± 10 min-1
Additional to this two preset speeds, other rotation speed can be easily and accurately adjusted from the settings screen, gracias al variador electrónico deby means of an electric motor controlled by a variable frequency drive.
No need for gears, clutches, etc. which guides to a minimum maintenance costs and time saving.
Set of mixing paddle and bowl with adjustable gap.
The mixing bowl, manufactured in stainless steel, is tightly fixed to the mortar mixer body to assure a perfect estability.
The paddles are manufactured in cast stainless steel and treated with sand blast to cover estrictly with standard requirements.
With the same bowl, changing the paddle, the user can perform even EN 196-1 or ASTM C305.
Paddle and bowl are subject of wear on their normal use. When the tolerance between paddle and bowl has surpassed what’s demanded in the standard, the bowl can be vertically adjusted to fit again with the requirements.
Automatic sand feeder.
To produce the standardized mortar it is needed to use certified sand, according to EN 196-1 or ASTM C 305. The sand is placed on the sand feeder, which assures that sand is going to be discharged on the bowl in the time defined in the standard.
Different sizes of sand feeders are available depending on the standard to follow. A larger sand feeder for up to 9 cement samples according to ASTM C109 can be easily mounted on the mortar mixer.
Advantages of IBERTEST planetary mortar mixer for compression tests on cement, mortar and other construction materials:
- The main body of the mortar mixer is manufactured in steel, very robust, to assure a free of vibrations mixing process.
- Electrical motor commanded by frequency adapter assures to cover standard defined speeds with top accuracy and minimum maintenance.
- Robust and reliable equipment, maintenance free.
- Control module easily replaceable . No need of technical assistance to perform the substitution. The same module can be used in the mortar mixer, jolting table, Le Chatelier bath and as remote control of testing machines. Only a simple program change is needed and can be done via internet
- Speed change by means of frequency variator warrants a smooth operation, without vibration or shocks. The mortar mixer can share furniture with other laboratory equipment without worrying about interferences.
- Nozzle for dust extraction system that allows the connection of an external vacuum.
- Free configuration of mixing cycles, adapted to any particular mixing need.
- Multilanguage: Spanish, English, French and Portuguese.
- Protection screen against projections, made of transparent polycarbonate. It allows a clean and confortable operation, while protecting the user from entrapments or strikes of the mixing paddle when operating.
- Bowl position, the mixer does not allow operation while bowl is not in the safe mixing position. Equipped with
multiple sensors that prevent unsafe starts when the Bowl is not inserted or is in the lower postion.
- Emergency stop: Security switch that immediately stops the equipment.