IBERTEST strengthens its presence in Russia with a tailor-made Testing Solution for one of the largest steel plants in the world.
Customer: OJSC Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works
Field: Metallurgy and Mining
S.A.E. Ibertest has successfully completed the manufacturing process of a universal testing machine model UMIB-1000 for the important company Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works (MMK) located in Rusia.
“MMK is one of the world’s largest steel producers and a leading Russian metals company. In 2015 MMK Group produced 12,2 million tons of crude steel and 11,2 million tons of commercial steel products”.
This model of machine – UMIB series – was developed tailor-made according to customer requirements, with a design adjusted to the highest levels of exigency.
“The stiffness of the testing frame exceeds 1800 kN / mm”
The testing frame has an upper mobile crosshead, which allows you to adjust the vertical testing space between 1000 mm and 1500 mm and a free space between columns of 900 mm, giving a high versatility to test almost any kind of specimens and which allows to use a variety of devices.
Among the main devices supplied with the UMIB-1000 are:
- Hydraulic gripping heads.
- Bending device.
- Compression plates.
- Fracture mechanics testing device. (for CT specimen)
- Threaded specimen testing devices.
Additionally, this solution is equipped with the following accessories:
- Climatic Chamber with operating range between -70 ºC and 100 ºC.
- Automatic long-travel extensometer until specimen fractures.
- Axial extensometers for tensile and compression tests.
- Transversal extensometer to measure longitudinal strain.
- Clip-on extensometer for fracture mechanics testing.
- Perimeter protection in aluminum with polycarbonate panels.
- Instrumented table with emergency stop button.
- Remote control.